Woolrich Woolen Mills...f/w 2011

Yesterday I partecipated at a brunch organized by Woolrich to show the menswear collection for the following winter of the line "Woolrich Woolen Mills". At the brunch were present also Bryanboy (his yellow jacket is so chic) and the designer Mark McNairy and I was so closed to them than I can't explain you my joy. I really thanks Woolrich to have invited me and to have given me this amazing possibility. The brunch took place at Galleria Lorenzelli near Corso di Porta Venezia and I was accompanied by my nice friend Chiara.We eat very good food and the buffet was organized in a tent that was linked with the main theem of the collection: Naval, marine and "Ivy League" inspirations.

The napkins (amazing, as Chiara showed me) were realized with the checked piece of textile (you see them in the last pic).
The collection is characterized by an english style mixed with some contemproary and trendy element such as the proportions, the shapes and the "clear lines". The  materials are principal wool purposed in the different patterns and models. The leather jackets are quite classic but really interesting and the coats with the austrian knots define a cool trend for the following winter that also Burberry purposed. The accessories (hats, bow ties, ties and details of coats) are all made with check prints that create a funny aestethic for young and cool men. In the end the shoes, especially the leather boots, are perfect for the clothes purposes (such as the shirts) and I love the "casual-chic" style of them. So, the british style and the american style are mixed amazingly.
The designer who thought these wonderful pieces is Mark McNairy who substitued Daiki Suzuki and who continued to design his line (Mark Mcnairy-New Amsterdam). The Woolrich Woolen Mills is sold at Barney's and Colette, too. The clothes are handmade in America, Pennsylvania, in the historic industry with the same looms of the 1830. I find also very glamourous and interesting the parka realized in collaboration between Mark McNairy and Daiki Suzuki (you can see it in the first image).
At the presentation I also find a book (you see the book cover in the seventh pic) where near each piece of the collection there are the textile with wich is realized.

So, I love the collection, I thanks again Woolrich for the opportunity and the information that gave me about these gorgeus outfits and I suggest you to pay attention about this line because I'm sure it will have a lot of success...



Mark McNairy
Bryanboy













Images by my iPhone and courtesy of Woorlich

Woorlich Woolen Mills website


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More