Vionnet...geometries!

Vionnet is, generally, a classic "elegant" freench brand. Its style is, now, clearly defined and I've never expected to see these outfits by this brand. I love the show but it wasn't what I thought that Vionnet purposed. However, I like, really, when brands "shock" me with new ideas.
So, the collection is about "geometries" and "fringes". The geometries are  a new interpretation of the main trend for the following s/s 2011: color blocking (for example:  Gucci...). The mix of the geometrical shapes and the blocks of colors revamp this trend also in the pre collections. The shapes of the dresses are like "trapezes" and the fringes give to the collection a "new french allure": a style which shows a kind of elegance, beauty,  that's not so common in the pre-collections.
Then, the fur (in details and accessories) complete this chic kind of woman and the  chiffon,t  ansparent, dress in the fifth pic is the "iconic" of the new spirit that this collection means for Vionnet.
In the end, I love the idea to shoot the pcis in a garage and I think that is amazing the way in which Rodolfo Paglialunga, the creative director, matched all these trends (color blocking, geometries, fringes, fur, transparences...) in only one collection...cool!









F/W 2011-2012 shows
BCBG Max Azria: I really suggets you to see this collection that is something completely innovative for the brand with a great play with geometries and volumes, cool.

Images via:
Vogue


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More