Tom Ford...s/s 2012!

Tom Ford has been the creative director of Gucci since 1994 to fall 2004, then Alessandra Facchinetti and later Frida Giannini became creative directors. So, we all remind his provocative style and unmistakable features such has the great attention for sex appeal and the huge use of luxurious fabrics. Then, when Ford left Gucci, he created his own label and his men line was and still is a great success. It was and is due to the patterns, prints and the fabrics but also to the creative idea, innovative conception, of the classic menstyle. The oxymoron between classical style and innovation is the main feature of Tom Ford's men collections.
Since f/w 2011 he decided to start showing a female collection and in the last days was available on YouTube Ford's s/s 2012 collection. I have to say that I'm a big fan of Tom Ford and I love his sunglasses and men pieces. However in my last post about Tom Ford's women collection I wasn't very satisfied from his creations and I'm not again. I mean, I don't want to discuss about fabrics or quality tthat is obviously extraordinary... I want to discuss about innovation. We all agree, I think, that designers must be innovative or otherwise they are just boring as everyone. If we look at Tom Ford collections they look like a pathetic and extremely expensive copy of his old collections for Gucci. This is his style but I want to see something new. Lace dresses, lots of fur..all these things which could seem sophisticated look just "old" for everyone who really follows Tom Ford and fashion world. So, I love Tom Ford but I would like that he will start to show something innovative and interesting, not just clothes which the only utility is to show how money someone owns....
Designers must make fashion clothes not status symbols!


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More