Balenciaga and Chanel...boots!

I PREPARED THIS POST BEFORE I WENT TO NEW ZEALAND, AUCKLAND AND THIS IS THE REASON I PUBLISH IT. NOW I'M HERE AND I USE AN INTERNET KEY THAT ALLOWS ME TO CONNECT TO INTERNET. BTW, THE CONNECTION IS NOT VERY GOOD AND I FIND A BIT COMPLICATED TO MAKE POST AND TO COMMENT ON OTHER BLOGS. SO I'M REALLY SORRY BUT FOR THE FOLLOWING THREE MONTHS I WILL NOT PUBLISH ANYTHING ON  (I WILL RETURN TO MILAN IN THE END OF SEPTEMBER AND THEN I WILL RESTART TO POST). I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR SUMMERTIME AND THAT THE HAUTE COUTURE WILL LEAVE US SPEECHLESS!


Since Jak&Jil published that pic...Those Balenciaga boots had a great diffusion on Ashley Olsen, for example. So I don't think that these boots really express the Balenciaga aesthethic but they are very nice and have a lot of nice details, such as  "lateral opening" which allows the socks to be a part of the look. These boots belongs to the s/s season but Lagerfeld decides to repurpose this trend also in the winter. In fact during the "volcanic show", literally, Chanel showed those boots and  they are a more "simple", almost minimalistic, version of the Balenciaga ones. So I believe that the Balenciaga's boots are mroe innovative, more particular but the Chanel ones are more wearable and communicate  in one of the clearest way the Lagerfeld vision of fashion.
Which one do you prefer?



Pic from Jak and Jil
Images from:
Vogue (Chanel f/w 2011)

Lane Crawford (Balenciaga Boots)
Jak&Jil (Last Pic)


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More